AU Ultimate Southern Reef Experience 7D/6N
- Duration: 7 Days (approx.)
- Product code: 403575
Watch whales and dolphins loll about beneath an azure sky, sail shimmering stretches of rich estuarine waters and visit the World Heritage-listed Fraser Island before flying in for several days on the southern Great Barrier Reef. Your journey starts with an exploration of one of Australia’s most iconic and breathtaking World Heritage Areas, Fraser Island or K’Gari (pronounced n’garri), as the locals call it. Take in the sights, the wildlife like Dingoes, learn about the Indigenous culture and bask in the sheer scale of this extraordinary sand island. There’s no better way to discover Hervey Bay than by leaping aboard a sleek catamaran with a local marine mammal expert Peter Lynch. Search for dolphins and seasonally, the Humpback Whales that make this home. Finally, take a scenic flight onto the southern Great Barrier Reef and journey to one of its gems, the amazing Lady Elliot where you’ll snorkel with turtles and, if you’re lucky, meet a Manta Ray or two.
Day 1. Arrive Noosa. Pick up by 4WD and guided day tour from the southern end of Fraser Island via Rainbow Beach. Full day four-wheel driving and exploring, finishing at a beautiful beach camp retreat on the island. If weather permits, a sunset and warm fire. Overnight at the Beachcamp Retreat.
Day 2 Full day exploring Fraser Island wildlife, landscapes and culture by 4WD before a drop off at the ferry in the afternoon to Hervey Bay. Overnight at the Ramada Hotel.
Day 3 Pick up and transfer to the harbour to join Peter and Cassie on board Blue Dolphin for a fabulous day out on the water exploring. The October departure will focus on whales! Overnight at the Ramada Hotel.
Day 4 - 6 Transfer mid-morning to the airport for your scenic flight to Lady Elliot Island where, for the next three full days, you will explore the reefs, searching for encounters with whales, turtles and manta rays! Note, on the December departure there is possibility of nesting turtles (otherwise plenty of turtles still to see).
Day 7 Last chance to snorkel before a morning departure back to Hervey Bay for your journey home.
- 6 breakfasts
- 6 lunches
- 4 dinners
- 2 nights Deluxe Hotel Room, Ramada Hotel, Hervey Bay
- 3 nights Eco cabins (shared bathroom facilities) on Lady Elliot
- 1 night Beachcamp Retreat, Fraser Island
- Note, accommodation upgrades are available.
- Full day tour of Hervey Bay (whale watching in October).
- Pick up from Noosa or Rainbow beach.
- Expert guided.
- Off road 4WD experience with minimum risk (21's and over can drive if held licence for 12months or more)
- Didgeridoo demonstration and tips on how to master the art and a guitar
- Sunset Boomerang sessions
- 2 full days touring and discovery in Fraser Island.
- Fraser island ferry
- Flights to Lady Elliot Island from Hervey Bay
- Glass bottom boat/guided snorkel tour
- Free Island tours including reef walks, behind the scenes and bird watching tours
- Bonus sunset platter including a bottle of house wine (per room)
- Free upgrade to Beachcamp Retreat Accommodation on Fraser Island
- Any items of a personal nature.
- Any meals or drinks not specified in inclusions.
- Anything not included in the list of inclusions (above).
- Domestic flights, unless specified in inclusions.
- Travel insurance.
Note, we can arrange all travel to and from tour locations, quote for group bookings, and tailor any packages as required.
- Prices may vary due subject to availability and accommodation type, number of travellers and activities.